• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It's taken a while...but I'm finished

I've finally got this into some sort of shape. What started as a simple blog has grown into my Crohn's Story.

Consultants would often ask me "when were you first diagnosed with Crohn's?" or "what exactly did they do during that first operation?"

I did some research into my medical records and decided to compile my medical history. It has become a labour of love, some might say obsession, but I have finally covered the period from 1978, when I realised there was something seriously amiss, to the relatively quiet time as we enter 2014.

If you read it as someone who is newly diagnosed with Crohn's/IBD I hope it shows that it is possible to have a normal life but you need to be prepared for some "surprises" along the way. For those who may be about to undergo surgery, for the first time, I hope it demystifies the process a little and prepares you for what lays ahead.

http://www.crohnoid.com/2014/01/crohns-story-labour-of-love.html