• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Its time for my shot but I have the Flu

I just dont know how to handle this. My shot was due Friday when I got home from work I started vomiting then came the fever runny nose sneezing diarrhea. You name it I have it. Im going to call my Gastro in the morning Ive already text my boos to let him I wont be in. How do others handle this when their sick and shot it due?

TIA

valleysangel92

Staff member
I had a similar situation last year, I couldnt have my flu jab because I had a TB jab and then got ill. I phoned the practice that was due to do it and told them my situation and the symptoms that I had. They just cancelled the original appointment and then said call back when I felt a bit better. I had the jab about 5 weeks after i originally should have but this didn't cause any problems.

I went ahead and gave myself my shot a couple of days after the symptoms resided. I still had a little bit of a low grade fever but for me I never know if its a bug or crohns. Ive always ran a low grade fever off and on so I took the shot and am doing fine.

Thanks for your response

nogutsnoglory

I have also been told to withhold taking the injection until fever has subsided for 24 hours. I have however given myself an injection with a low-grade fever only because I had it for so long and I didnt want to wait.