• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Its waiting time

P

plagueius

Sorry Folks I havn't been on in a while. I had my Octreotide scan done this week and now its just waiting time to find out the results.
I'm optimistic....
It turns out my fevers were strep throat..
So i'm taking anti biotics currently.

P.S.
I'm now smoke free for two weeks

STEVE

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Wow Plag, that is good news!

You are already a master at waiting, so that can be seen as good (nothing worst has happened)

Antibiotics will help your throat.... and smoke-free sounds great!

I am also glad you are optimisitc. Thanks for the update and keep smiling :).

Thats cool you learned what your fevers ahve been. Also props for being smoke free. I hope every thing goes well.

Best of luck man

Kev

Congrats on all counts, plag... Don't be alarmed/surprised if some IBD symptoms become more pronounced... Smoking (nicotine) constricts blood vessels.. It was the 'olden days' preferred treatment for mild/moderate forms of IBD (dr's hate to admit it now).. So, if u do notice increased blood loss, it's not a sign of your overall condition

Kev

So, cookey, if you keep your mouth shut, where exactly does the smoke come from?:eek2: :ylol: :cool2:

Seriously (for a sec.. ooops, times up).. Plag... I'm not recommending you resume the smoking thing... Quitting is a very smart and extremely tuff move - I'm truly impressed. I just wanted to give you a 'heads up' that as that daXXXX old nicotine leaves, it may cause bleeding (if you have/had it) to increase/resume. It's not a deterioration, it's a common occurence. If you do experience it, don't panic, don't go back to smoking... There are other & better ways to treat this than by smoking! (and to anyone confused by the daXXXX, since so many younguns read/post here, I opted to try to clean up my language... please see me privately if you require a translator)

M

meowsie

Congrats on all counts, Plagueius! That "hurry up and wait" thing is quite the pain. And WTG on the smoke quitting. That ain't easy from what I understand and will help with the Crohn's (according to my doc).:thumright:

V

Valentina

congrats Steve, cant be easy to quit smoking. seems like one of the hardest things to do, and I guess you have to want to do it for it to happen (Im a non-smoker if you cant tell, so just realizing how difficult it really is)
good luck with the test results. good your optimistic! fingers crossed for you.