• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

IV Pred

I am in the hospital for an obstruction and receiving IV pred to get the inflammation down. Any ballparks for how long it should take to kick in? Getting 40 mg three times a day. Think I have now had 6 or so doses.

I was in the hospital with a partial obstruction in April on IV Prednisone and it worked in about a day and a half with large amounts of laxatives. With a full obstruction, I imagine it will take a little more time. Sounds like you are getting a lot and you should be able to know how well it is working very soon. I hope it kicks in soon!!

Thanks! I think mine also partial. No laxatives, thankfully. Just lots of prednisone by IV and lots of fluids. Getting better and hope to be out tomorrow.