• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've been canoeing :)

I just wanted to share my little celebration:)
I've had such an awful 18months and haven't been able to do the thing that I loved the most . . . it's 2 years to the day since I last went in my little kayak . . . I've been determined all week I was going to race today-its a memorial event for a friend of ours-I was the first in my class of boat over the line! I didn't expect that at all, for me, the celebration was the fact I was able to do it, on my own :)
I'm not fixed by any stretch, but I have little milestones that make me happy!

Oh, did I say I have finally managed to establish my business too?? I've had a busy few weeks :)

I hope this spurs those of you having tough times on, better times are ahead :) Also, big thanks to all of you for being there and supporting :)

xxx

Congratulations! I bet it was the best trip ever! I am slowly getting my lamp working studio set up. It has been over 2 yrs since I have melted glass and I am so looking forward to it! It is so nice to have the desire back to do the things I did before Crohn's. Enjoy!