• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ive diagnosed myself, need help with possible others dealing with fissulas

Hello everyone: Since ive had no luck with doctors recently I've decided to seek help from the experts. Quick lowdown, Im 57, had crohn's for 20 years, 4 resection surgeries, I deal with what I'm delt, but recently my body has been doing some crazy things. Early March I started feeling flu like, (im thinking another flare) after 2 weeks of flu symptoms, tiredness, I ended up in the ER, profoundly dehydrated potassium 2.1, i started on all the iv's rehydration, all of a sudden I have an infection, they don't know where, but start me on antibiotics, after a week I was discharged only to end up back 4 days later, potassium 2.1, not i have Sepsis? Then is went from Sepsis to viral, I swear these drs really have me a little worried. Ive been home from the hospital for a week, when I started putting two and two together and started wondering if these weird sores I have on my bottom have something to do with all this infection talk. These open crater looking sores bleed like crazy, they won't go away. Ive done a little research online and asked online drs and they believe its fissula's, Does anyone have any information to help me diagnose myself so I can finally start feeling human again, please any help is welcome.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. It could be a fistula but really, you need a GI to check and confirm.

What medication are you on?

How much of your intestines have you had removed total? Do you have short bowel syndrome?

All my best to you.