• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've had Crohn's disease for 6 months

I've had Crohn's disease since august of 2016. I am a 15 year old boy and my mother has had CD as well since she was 20. For 3 years I thought I had anxiety and eating issues, but it turned out to be CD. In august, I was admitted to Mount Sinai in NYC for an emergency resection. I had a collapsed colon, an obstruction a stricture, a fistula, and a 3cm x 3cm abscess on my small intestinal wall. I had 3 feet of my small intestine removed, 1 foot of my large intestine removed, and strictureplasty to fix my collapsed colon. I was placed on remicade immediately after. I haven't had any issues since. This is my first post on here so I hope it's an ok one to post

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. You have come to a good group. I hope you continue to not have any more problems.

Hi Joshua, welcome to the forum! You'll find immense support here!

I'm CYY and I'm 16. I've been living with Crohn's for about a decade, before being formally diagnosed in December last year. I know that how it feels like when you know that something's wrong with your body, but nobody is able to give you an answer.

Dave is right, do check out the teen support groups. They're really great!

If you feel that you need a teen to talk to, my inbox would always be open to your messages. :)

I'm glad that you've been responding well to Remicade. Hope you get into remission soon! ^^