• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've NEVER Been So Humiliated....

I have to get this out and other IBDers are the only ones that will understand... I'm in a CNA class and today I wasn't feeling so great. I had to go poo over our lunch break. Outside the bathroom door I could hear the other students saying things like "Oh my god that's so gross! I'm going to throw up! Ew!" and making gagging noises. I was courtesy flushing as often as I could.... When the teacher and another student came in, they were making some of the RUDEST comments I have ever heard about how bad the smell was, etc. They obviously didn't realize I was in there. My face turned red and I wanted to cry and scream out "I HAVE CROHN'S!! F-YOU!". I have never in my life been so humiliated....

The End.... :(

Wow..... I hate that you went through that. I've had a similar experience and somehow managed to walk out of the stall like I had no idea what the commotion was about. I then went home and fell apart.

Is there any way you can talk to the teacher involved about this or would that make it worse?

So sorry you had to go through that don't let them get to you. Like 2thFairy said can't you tell somebody about it? Sending lots of hugs to you xx

So sorry you had to go through that. Everyone poops, IBD or not. They all poo, and I'm sure it stinks pretty bad too. They should all be ashamed of themselves for being so petty and immature, ESPECIALLY THE TEACHER!!! I would absolutely have a sit down with the teacher, and if she doesn't apologize to your satisfaction, I would file a complaint. Are you registered with student disability services? They may be able to help you there, too.

Once again... So sorry you had to go through that. It's infuriating. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Hugs xx

I work in an extremely public place and this has happened to me numerous times. Even worse was when I was in college, and lived in a sorority house with 20 other girls. They could be cruel at times when dealing with potty issues.

Everybody poops, and stinks at times. People are rude and inconsiderate.

KWalker

So sorry you had to go through that. If it was me I wouldn't even waste my time with the teacher and I'd go higher. Someone in a teaching job should have enough common sense and maturity to know that that's not right. They had no idea what was going on and in my eyes if you still act as immature as it sounds like they were, you should NOT be teaching.

I too have been in stalls before and in so much pain from needing to go to the bathroom and trying as hard as I can to hold it in after hearing people that feel the need to include their 2 cents.

Hopefully something positive can come from this for you.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
At my work in the break room we only have one toilet each for men & women. There's been a time or two that I've stunk up that bathroom pretty bad. Talked to a friend about feeling bad about it and she mentioned that "it's a community bathroom people ought to know what to expect when they go to use one."

Got to admit that I've been in bathrooms before that have stunk so bad (not from me and I doubt it was someone with Crohn's) that I had a hard time staying in there. Hope things get better for you. :hug:

Wow, I am so sorry you had to go through that. what a bunch of A-holes! Sorry, that just makes me mad that people can be so rude and uncaring. I know it is different, but I have IC( interstitial cystitis) a bladder disease where you have to sometimes pee A LOT. People have said things like ( oh my god, she's weird, why is going to the bathroom so many times). They just dont get it. I was so humiliated once when my neighbor asked me what was wrong with me( she knows I am sick with a lot of health issues). Well I told her about the IC and tried to explain to her what it was. She turns around and tells me " just go wear some diapers or depends!" I know how it feels to be embaressed. But you know what, dont feel bad. Dont let them get the best of ya. I say screw them, you owe nobody an explanation. You are the better person here. They are immature to act the way they acted. I am just sorry you had to go through that. Kind of makes you wish they had to walk in your shoes for awhile!( not that I would wish any ills on anyone, just it makes me mad how people can be).

That's terrible! I've been in public bathrooms that have reeked many times and I don't comment on it out loud. I certainly hope this teacher and student weren't from the nursing program. If so, that student has a lot to learn. It seems most CNAs start out in nursing homes, so they will be dealing with unpleasant scents on a daily basis (the main reason I could not be a nurse - I don't do well with bad smells, especially vomit) and old people smells are nasty from my limited experience with my father and with being an EMT on an ambulance. And we wonder sometimes how kids can be cruel? There really is no excuse to be making comments like that. Some adults really need to grow up.