• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ivermectin and Fenbendazole

I'm sure you have all heard about people using Ivermectin for Covid.

I decided to look into it for other uses, like IBD.

Quite a few studies showing it shrinks tumors, including in colon cancer.

Also used topically for skin lesions caused by Rosacea.

Here's someone talking about using it for skin cancer: https://greatawakening.win/p/12kFn7EkBo/--my-ivermectin-story-not-sure-w/
One reply here mentions using it for leaky gut.

And then there's Fenbendazole: https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/fenbendazole/

Makes me wonder if it may have use for IBD. Anybody with IBD happen to use Ivermectin?

Reactions: GBA

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'd never use a medication such as Ivermectin to try to self-medicate - there are specific reasons why a medication is intended for animal use only, just like some medications are for human use only.

Just as there are 'success' stories around the internet, there are just as many cautionary ones where people have made themselves sicker or even died from improper use of medications.

Now speaking as Admin, the site shall not and will not encourage such use of medications UNLESS PROPERLY PRESCRIBED. The sharing of information is fine, but the thread will be watched closely to ensure nothing gets out of hand.

Lisa

edited to add in bold type. 10/15/21

Last edited:
I'm not aware if Ivermection has potential for IBD but while scientists are studying Ivermectin for covid, the few studies im aware of show its about 30% effective, and certaintly not approved yet for public use. but the vaccines that are available are much more effective up to 96% effective at preventing severe covid symptoms, so Ivermection really isn't that exciting but may prove useful in the future.

Also the nobel prize was awarded to the creators of Ivermection in 2015, and it was made for use in humans and animals

William C. Campbell discovered that one of Ōmura’s Streptomyces cultures was very effective in killing off parasites and the active compound, Avermectin, was purified. Avermectin was further modified to Ivermectin, which turned out to be highly effective in both animals and humans against a variety of parasites, including those that cause River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis.

I'd never use a medication such as Ivermectin to try to self-medicate - there are specific reasons why a medication is intended for animal use only, just like some medications are for human use only.

Just as there are 'success' stories around the internet, there are just as many cautionary ones where people have made themselves sicker or even died from improper use of medications.

Now speaking as Admin, the site shall not and will not encourage such use of medications. The sharing of information is fine, but the thread will be watched closely to ensure nothing gets out of hand.

Lisa
Lisa,

Ivermectin won a nobel prize in 2015 not in animal medicine, IN HUMAN MEDICINE. This is not a horse medicine, it is a pill used in humans that has won a Nobel Prize.

Ivermectin is highly effective against a range of parasites, has limited side effects and is freely available across the globe. The importance of Ivermectin for improving the health and wellbeing of millions of individuals with River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis, primarily in the poorest regions of the world, is immeasurable. Treatment is so successful that these diseases are on the verge of eradication, which would be a major feat in the medical history of humankind.
If that's not enough proof, 146,000 PEOPLE, not Animals, were prescribed this medication in 2019.

So I think YOU should be more careful with some of the things you say, because it is you who is spreading disinformation. In all honestly, you shouldn't have locked the other Covid Vaccine thread either as people were freely and respectfully sharing information and you come in and closed it down for no reason. And now you are threatening to close this one. No wonder this forum is practically dead.

I think this is interesting. I definitely have had better success in maintaining my health when I started to treat crohns as an infection, and not an immune system malfunction. The high success rate of things like worm wood inducing remission really validates that something is going with some sort of infection. Whether its a fungus, map, or something else who knows.

Lisa, I don't think KenK said anything about self medicating, so not sure why you made that jump. If you look at the approval process for drugs, they are approved or not approved based on what was requested. DMSO is a great example. It is mainly used for horse inflammation but does have a use in humans also and is being used for more things all the time.

I don't think it is unreasonable for people to discuss things they read about off label drugs. I am sure there are bunch of people that are thankful for the offlabel use of drugs, people who have had success with AntiMap therapy come to mind.

Also, I read that other vaccine thread. I think people need to relax on this. Some people are skeptical of vaccines, and that is ok. We shouldn't be shying away from those discussions we should encourage them. Only through open and free dialogue can we learn. This whole new idea if I don't agree with what you say so I am going to end the conversation either by calling you an ism or just closing a thread is very troubling and creating division in our world.

As an FYI, I got the vaccine, that was the my analysis of the risk. But I realize others will make a different choice, and this ok also. Freedom is hard, but we should cherish the pains of freedom.

I agree poppysocks nicely said. I thought the exact same regarding your comments about how the forum is policed.

And yes it makes you think why even bother on here.

Well done for standing up and saying something: )

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Lisa,

Ivermectin won a nobel prize in 2015 not in animal medicine, IN HUMAN MEDICINE. This is not a horse medicine, it is a pill used in humans that has won a Nobel Prize.

If that's not enough proof, 146,000 PEOPLE, not Animals, were prescribed this medication in 2019.

So I think YOU should be more careful with some of the things you say, because it is you who is spreading disinformation. In all honestly, you shouldn't have locked the other Covid Vaccine thread either as people were freely and respectfully sharing information and you come in and closed it down for no reason. And now you are threatening to close this one. No wonder this forum is practically dead.
My comment was in reference to the people who are self-medicating - buying product that is intended for animal use - here in New York, you can't buy ivermectin off the shelf any more, it is kept locked up due to people using it 'off label' instead of getting it through proper channels and formulated properly.

As for locking the other thread, as I stated in my post there, the original intent of the thread was derailed. People are more than welcome to start a new one and as long as there remains a civil discussion in it the thread will remain open.

Now speaking as Admin, the site shall not and will not encourage such use of medications UNLESS PROPERLY PRESCRIBED. The sharing of information is fine, but the thread will be watched closely to ensure nothing gets out of hand.

Lisa

edited to add in bold type. 10/15/21
But it's NOT "Animal Use Only".

I know doctors today, who are using Ivrmctin, against THE BIG CV.

Its also commonly used by Doctors, to help humans infected with parasites,..hence the reason Im curious how effective it might be for Crohn's, since the theory of Crohn's being caused by the M.A.P. bug or parasite, hasn't been disproved.

I would be really curious to know if anyone with crohns took ivermectin or oral itraconazole. This would really give us some data on the parasite theory. Early on when I wasn't feeling great I was contemplating asking my GI to prescribe me itraconazole. If I ever get bad again, that is on my list of things to consider along with AMAT and biologics.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member

Its also commonly used by Doctors, to help humans infected with parasites,..hence the reason Im curious how effective it might be for Crohn's, since the theory of Crohn's being caused by the M.A.P. bug or parasite, hasn't been disproved.
Please see my clarification post directly above yours....

I would be really curious to know if anyone with crohns took ivermectin or oral itraconazole. This would really give us some data on the parasite theory. Early on when I wasn't feeling great I was contemplating asking my GI to prescribe me itraconazole. If I ever get bad again, that is on my list of things to consider along with AMAT and biologics.
I don't think it would help. I personally don't believe Crohns is an infection, although I thought it was at one point. I think all the vaccines we take throughout our life manipulate our immune system into a permanent state of inflammation. That's why anti tnf drugs work so well.

But I guess it would be worth a shot.

I don't think it would help. I personally don't believe Crohns is an infection, although I thought it was at one point. I think all the vaccines we take throughout our life manipulate our immune system into a permanent state of inflammation. That's why anti tnf drugs work so well.

yea, maybe. Not sure. All I know is that when I started treating my Crohns like it was an infection and did things that would also battle an infection I got much much better. That is just one data point and really not enough to make any conclusion. But I am going to keep on that path as it has worked for me.

yea, maybe. Not sure. All I know is that when I started treating my Crohns like it was an infection and did things that would also battle an infection I got much much better. That is just one data point and really not enough to make any conclusion. But I am going to keep on that path as it has worked for me.
What are you doing exactly?

ok, first, do you want to know what I am doing now or what I have done, or both. I have thought about making a list of everything I have tried, it would be large!

Could you please share how you treated it like its an infection?

ok, took me a bit to log all this. So here is what I do now. Some things I take for hypertension that started right before my stomach issues. Not sure if there is a connections.

Am
L lysine 500mg
one a day multi
krill oil 500mg (sometimes fish oil, I keep switching it)
vitamin d 5000 iu k2 180 mcg (every other day sometimes every day in the winter)
pomegranate 250mg (blood pressure)
kyolic 600mg (blood pressure)
tumeric 500mg
psyllium fiber 2g
alfalfa 1.95 g

Lunch
alfalfa 1.95g
psyllium fiber 2g
pomegranate 250mg

Dinner
NK cell activator 500mg(only taking this for 4 months, have a theory about blood pressure I am trying out)
cistanche 210 mg same reason as above
krill oil 500mg
pomegranate 250mg
magnesium 400mg
oilve leaf extract 750 mg 20%
alfalfa 1.95 g
resveratrol 200mg
kyolic 600mg
tumeric 500mg

What I do mostly for crohns is.
Vitamin D, tumeric, Lglutamine, alfalfa, and fiber

What I did in the past is almost too much to list. I have tried so many things. The things I think helped are this.

worm wood 500 mg 3 times a day for a certain period. There is a medical research document that outlines what to do on this.
Lglutamine protocol, you can look this up.
aloe vera and peppermint seemed to help. Peppermint is weird, the first time you have a stool and your whole bathroom smells like a candy cane is interesting.
intermittent fasting I think helped a lot.

As with all advice, you should talk to your doctor! This is the internet, tons of good information and tons of bad. Yes, everything is age/dose dependent. My advice is for adults.

If I was going to do this for my child, I would likely go the spice route instead. LIke, instead of a tumeric pill, put tumeric spice in their food. etc.

The only thing that is relatively safe for a child is going the liquid diet route.

Do your research!

I'm not aware if Ivermection has potential for IBD but while scientists are studying Ivermectin for covid, the few studies im aware of show its about 30% effective, and certaintly not approved yet for public use. but the vaccines that are available are much more effective up to 96% effective at preventing severe covid symptoms, so Ivermection really isn't that exciting but may prove useful in the future.

Also the nobel prize was awarded to the creators of Ivermection in 2015, and it was made for use in humans and animals

Wildbill_52280 do NOT sell yourself short or allow anyone to alter or dismiss your ideas. As long as you keep asking questions and never stop, you will ultimately obtain your answers. Having Crohn’s (diagnosed 2011) has taught me countless lessons & primarily & most importantly NO 2 people have the exact same challenges and IF open-mindedness was supported & bullying was shutdown only then we could all benefit, sadly this is impossible. You know exactly what I mean.

lukesjr these threads are not the easiest to follow. Perhaps my response 5 minutes ago ought yo have been sent to YOU!🤦‍♀️

Perhaps an infection caused by a parasite? No definitive cause and cure yet subjective opinions are ONLY accepted IF an individual agrees with another’s idea. Beyond discouraging this mimics politics but this is reality.

Scm11478 you are SO spot on …do not allow anyone to veer you from your path…

I'm sure you have all heard about people using Ivermectin for Covid.

I decided to look into it for other uses, like IBD.

Quite a few studies showing it shrinks tumors, including in colon cancer.

Also used topically for skin lesions caused by Rosacea.

Here's someone talking about using it for skin cancer: https://greatawakening.win/p/12kFn7EkBo/--my-ivermectin-story-not-sure-w/
One reply here mentions using it for leaky gut.

And then there's Fenbendazole: https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/fenbendazole/

Makes me wonder if it may have use for IBD. Anybody with IBD happen to use Ivermectin?
KenK I have one word for you: B I N G O 🤩

Ken.
I decided, as a Crohn's patient since 2005, not to take the mRna COVID vaccine and opted to use a COVID prevention protocol that Dr Peter McCullough and a number of other doctors were recommending. I chose ivermectin as along with some supplements as my defense against COVID. I began this combo in August of 2021. I have been fortunate not to have contracted covid but I noticed that I have had a significant fewer Crohn's flares during this time. I've wondered if by some chance if ivermectin could be the reason.

I've taken numerous high powered and expensive drugs to treat this disease without achieving remission. Right now I take 6mg budesonide daily as my Crohn's management drug.