• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Jogging/running

Crohn'sFor Life

Colon Free!
It has been 2 years since getting my ileostomy. I am finally almost feeling like my old pre-sick self. Is there anyone here that runs with an ileostomy? I feel the need to do more than lift weights but am unsure if it is a good idea for me to start running. Any thoughts?

I have done some jogging/running and had no problem. When I do I wear a wrap that I can tuck the bag into and keep everything in place. So far everything has worked out nicely. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope you have fun running and working out. I love to work out and can't believe that after ten years I can run/jog/lift weights/play volleyball without any pain or discomfort.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. I've had my ileostomy for years. I cycle, jog, play hockey and just about anything else I want to do. I don't swim in salt water - peels my wafer off.

Crohn'sFor Life

Colon Free!
"I have done some jogging/running and had no problem. When I do I wear a wrap that I can tuck the bag into and keep everything in place."

What kind of wrap do you use?

Gregg

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hey Jeff D. I'm tagging you to see if you can answer Crohn'sFor Life's question above in post #4. Thank you. :)

I use a wrap from ostomysecrets. It works pretty well at keeping things nice and tight to the body. I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply.