• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joinin the club :-)

Just waiting to have the first infusion. Came into hospital for a pre-op assessment, surgeon and GI conferred and advised me to try the Infliximab.
Am I worried? Well, maybe a little bit concerned. But I'm more concerned that after 5 months on Pred and nearly 3 on Azathioprine, I still have severe inflammation. I'm more worried about what that could do than the Remi at the mo.
Hope you're all getting on OK. :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
No words of wisdom to offer Helen! :lol:...but wishin', hopin' and prayin' that this does the trick for you hun.....

Fingers and everything else crossed!...:goodluck:

Loads a love, :heart:
Dusty. xxxxxxx

I have had relatively few side effects from the Remicade so far, I hope it goes the same for you! Ask about pre-meds; I get benadryl and tylenol before hand to avoid a potential reaction. Good luck!

Thanks folks :soledance: So far so good - a touch of nausea, but nothing drastic, and a bit tired but I think that's from the Pred taper. I am SOO hoping I can get off it totally this time.
They gave me a dose of steroid through the IV before they started the infusion and told me to tell them if I felt any 'strange' itches but it was fine. Most relaxing couple of hours I've had in ages, actually! x

Most relaxing couple of hours I've had in ages, actually! x
LOL! I love going to the infusion lab for my Remicade, I know it's weird, but it's so quiet and I get me time! The benadryl makes me sleepy so usually I take a nice nap and feel pretty relaxed by the time I get home. Plus, it's 2-4 hours that no one expects me to do anything but sit! :lol2:

Hope it helps. I'm still waiting for my appointment. :( It's been 2 weeks since they did the baseline tests. How long does it take anyway?? *sigh*

Aww, hope you don't have to wait too long, Smiley. It's cos I was in hospital anyway I got it quick. They wanted to get my first infusion done as I'm on a Scottish island and have to fly over to the mainland for the infusions.