• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joint disfiguration with crohn's

I am in remission with crown's, so I've been told. Over the past three years of my remission I have been seeing a rapid increase in the joints of my hands enlarging, and becoming disfigured. I have gone to a rumatoligst and had the blood work done. the Dr concluded that it is normal aging. Why is it coming on so fast I am only 50. My right knee is also showing signs of arthritis, and I have already had artroscopic surgery done on it. In the past year I have undergone three surgeries for my hands. I now that there has to be a link between the crohn's and the arthritis. I am on 20 different pills a day including a low dose of demo in pill form and humira. Is anyone having any luck with finding results to stop this.