• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joint/Hip pain as a result of UC

Hey guys,

So I am planning on going to the ER tomorrow because I have been very very bad about seeing a doctor when I have symptoms. I am currently in college getting ready to graduate and the last thing a 21 year old wants to worry about is her colon health!

The symptoms I have stupidly left untreated is a lot of diarrhea and a LOT of blood, bright red. I am always stupid and put seeking help off until worse comes to worse [ended up in the ER for my 21st because I thought I could fight through it and go to Vegas but that got cancelled!!]

SO NOW I have major joint pain especially in the hip. I feel like an old lady! This is the worst. Honestly, I hate having to stay inside instead of enjoying life and going out with my friends because I simply can't walk let walk up and down a street of bars.

Finally, I am going to the ER tomorrow to see what the hell is going on with my freaking body. Has anyone experienced joint pain or hip pain. I feel like I am going to be diagnosed with arthritis! My back also hurts significantly and I pretty much can't walk straight at all. This actually all happened suddenly today. Yesterday I was able to walk fine.

If you had the same thing happen, please share! Did anyone get arthritis or hip pains as a result of UC? OR A HIP REPLACEMENT?!

So now I stay inside, teach myself SQL and study for finals! Drinking green tea and listening to music.

Meow >^^<