• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joint pain rib pain cramps from belly to back

I have crohns. I recently have had 2 bladder infections. Crohns flare. Pain in my joints and cramping in belly feeling like it is going to my back. I have seen a rheumatologist. She has done a bunch of labs one blood test says I have a genetic marker for inflammatory arthritis. I have yet to go thru the MRI of sacroiliac joints for a definitive diagnosis. I not only have pain in my back but also rib pain and all of my joints hurt. Please advise if anyone else has had these weird symptoms.
Bethyd 78

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Not in my ribs but back pain is VERY common. The pain not only radiates but puts stress on your other muscles (including back muscles) causing other parts of your body to hurt. Knowing this I wouldn't be surprised if your rib pain is also connected in the same way. I hope you start feeling better soon by getting the Crohn's flare under control.

Thank you so much for listening I think I'm going crazy most of the time I will go back to my GI as much as I hate it
Bethy

why are there constant UTI with this? Bethy how long did it take to kick the UTI? mine have been constant for over a year....just when I think its gone, bam its back in 3 weeks. how close together were yours?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I used to get bladder infections when I was younger but my doctor called it honeymoon syndrome (this was back when I lost my virginity and we were having sex often). I haven't had any since then.

I don't know I have had 2 in two mnths. I feel another coming on but the rheumatologist told me if I have this inflAmm arthritis it can also have bladder and eye complications
Bethy