• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joint pain worse than the actual crohns?

I just had my first dose of Humira on the 3rd, three days later, every joint in my body had swelling and aches so badly. This lasted two days . Previously I had a lot of joint pain but it eased if I kept moving , I am a postal worker and this was my main problem the pain in my joints . I have dealt with the stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea for years before I was diagnosed. When o went to the hospital with an obstruction and sepsis last year , that was the first time ever I had an explanation for what was going on with me. I have gained so much weight to the point I’m like “how in the heck do I have crohns!” I have changed my diet and everything but nothing has helped with the pain and weight issue . Does anyone else have similar issues , any pointers?

My joint pain started with Humira then I developed antibodies and was changed to Cimzia. Joint pain INCREASED- I only has Cimzia a very brief time and then to Remicade- a lot less joint pain with Remicade. I am starting Entyvio soon and hope the joint pain does not increase again. I've always been giant so no wight gain but certainly no weight loss!

I have had the joint pain but this time it was worse and lasted so much longer , they told me to give it some time but call if I have any more flares 🙄 I am so frustrated