• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Juicer Vs Vitamix?

I own a vitamix because it is the easiest way for me to get my veggies and fruits. I always called it juice. But someone told me that juicing is different and better. Anybody know which one is better? Or the Pros and Cons of Both?

nogutsnoglory

It depends on what you are seeking. The vitamix is great but keeps the fiber. Fiber is healthy but can be problematic in crohns. Juice is healthy and safe but it also contains a lot of sugar being absorbed by the bloodstream faster.

I juice because I can't eat the fruits/veggies with all the fiber still in it.
If you tolerate the fiber, I would think vitamix is fine.
One warning, it takes a lot more produce to make a "juice" glass.

I have a Vitamix and most times it works so well that my smoothie is more of a juice than anything. My stomach tolerates it well, but I think it's because I only use spinach as my veggie, which breaks down pretty well.

The Vitamix is okay for making smoothies, but I can't handle any fibre. Or rather, I can't handle it without serious pain. So I juice.

I own a vitamix because it is the easiest way for me to get my veggies and fruits. I always called it juice. But someone told me that juicing is different and better. Anybody know which one is better? Or the Pros and Cons of Both?
There are pros and cons to both. However, they are both exceptionally healthy for you, so just do both.

A Vitamix is a blender which retains the fiber. A juicer removes most (or all - depending how good it is) of the fiber.

Of course we all know that fiber is healthy. But for C & UC too much fiber can be a bad thing.

Juicing is a fabulous way to get easily absorbed nutrition. Better than blending in my opinion. But both are excellent.

I have a Vitamix Blender and a Oscar Cold Press Juicer.