• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Juicing?

I recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. So now I watch really watch how much fiber I eat cause I don't want to irritate anything worse. Anyway I love fresh fruits and vegetables so it's pretty tough not being able to eat. What are some ways to get those fruits and vegetables in my diet? I heard of juicing and am wondering if anyone had any success with it. Thanks!

I don't have a juicer, but I imagine it could be an option. I'm recovering from a flare now and have had fresh pressed juice and use organic 100% grape juice with gelatin. I would stick with mostly veggies to avoid the high concentration of sugar in fruit juice.
I find that boiling and pureeing veggies such as spinach, squash, and carrots is a great way to get fiber and other nutrients in a tummy-friendly way while in a flare.

I have a juicer and use it at times. It is helpful during a flare. It is quite expensive, as it takes a lot of produce to get a glass of juice. But effective at taking out fiber.

I have a juicer also, but never thought to use it for the nutrients. I think I may use my nutria bullet to make smoothies, and get my nutrition that way.