• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Jumping Crohn's

Hi everybody,
Yesterday I had a ct scan (yay barium drinks) because my doctors wanted to see how narrow my intestines were from the Crohn's. I had surgery a couple years ago because my disease site had so much scar tissue it was pretty much closing up. When my doctor got the results though he found that I have an active disease part in my colon now. Has anyone else had their Crohn's jump like that? My normal area of disease is still there (ileum area) and its still it's usual angry self but then I have a portion of healthy bowel before a section of the new disease. My biggest fear has always been getting a bag, I know it's not the end of the world but it's something I've always fretted over.
Thanks in advance if you read this!

my little penguin

Staff member
Crohns is known for skipping sections
It also can spread anywhere from the mouth to the anus .
Spread from terminal ileum to other parts of the colon is common
Hope you can get it under control soon

After surgery my son's disease went from being located around the ileocecal valve a a bit higher in the terminal illuminated to throughout the colon as well as the preserver sites.

CD can skip around and can show up anywhere from mouth to Anusara for no rhyme or reason.