• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just a bored crohnie venting.

Today is kind of rough. It's so rainy and dreary outside. I have felt great te past couple days but not so much today. I'm pretty sore. :( I need a nap but I don't want to keep asking for my mom to watch the baby. I feel like the poor woman needs a break from taking care of us all the time. I was determined to not smoke today but that hasn't worked out too well. The next few days will be busy with blood work tomorrow and surgery Friday. Also I have to take my car to the insurance company since someone backed in to me or they will take my license. Ugh!! Could really use some people to talk to today. Kinda down on myself. Depression has been coming and going a lot here lately. I hope to get this in to remission soon. :/

Terriernut

Normal to feel that way when the low pressure systems hit with weather. And when you feel bad on top of it, you feel even worse! You sound like you have alot on your plate. You can only take one thing at a time and that's what I suggest you do. Getting well being your FIRST priority. Because without that, you cant do anything else!!

:hug:

Angrybird

:hug: :hug: I am sorry you are having such a sucky day. I don't think I have seen your actual story... what surgery will you be having friday? Whilst it may seem you are asking a lot perhaps your mum is glad to help, she will be worried about the surgery and it is out of her hands, at least this way she can be doing 'something'. Out of interest why are you at risk of losing your license when it was someone else's fault?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yup....maybe that is why hubby has been feeling worse again....after a couple good weeks....

Not sure how old the baby is - but could you nap when she does? Or at least get some quiet time?.....

ok - and why would your license be taken for someone backing into you?.....did you file a police report and/or are planning filing a claim?.....I know in NY if the damage is over 1000 a report is required.....and if you fail to report an accident you could get your license suspended....

I really do think the rain had a lot to do with it. It's clearin up outside and sure enough I am starting to feel a little bit better. :) my baby is a year old, I will nap if she ever decides to. She usually only naps once a day now. Mom helps a lot and lives across the street so it's great knowing someone is so close! Right now we are relaxing eating frosted mini wheats. Friday's surgery is gall bladder removal. I have never had surgery before so I am kinda nervous. Luckily from what I hear gall bladder removal isn't so bad. :) Doc wants to get it out before the gall stones cause infection. I have a police report stating that the accident was not my fault however here in South Carolina you have to report it to your insurance within 15 days of the incident or they suspend your license. I wouldn't mind but it's just such an inconvenient time. That's life, huh? Me and baby girl are just taking it a day at a time. Thanks for the support guys it really means a lot to have someone to talk to about this stuff. :)

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Maybe you could contact your insurance carrier and see if you can do it over the phone, or if they have a rep they could send to you? Explain that you are ill, going for surgery and have a hard time getting out to do it?

Well that crappy weather is coming this way.. I am in Virginia!! I feel ya I am laying in my bed with my 5 month old beside! My 7 year old is at the foot watching movies :) I get her a fresh bottle, toys a few diapers and the wipes and keep her swing and exersauser beside and spend the day or evening in my bed when I feel like this. My husband works evenings so as soon as he gets home at night I pass her over to him. Dont feel bad needing your mom's help she understands even if she has ever gotten upset it just the frustration that her daughter is sick and she does not really mean it. I have had my mom freak but she later said she was sorry! Surgery is not too bad so Goodluck and I hope you feel better!!!

Haha my daughter runs around the living room while I post up on the couch. I'm sure momma gets frustrated so I try to give her breaks. Baby nap time here so all is quiet. Looks like the rain is coming back. I have family in Virginia! Thank you for the well wishes. I'm not as scared as I thought I would be. I just have my moments. I can't seem to stop eating though, is it maybe the steroids? It's so odd.

The wipes and diapers stay on the coffee table here. I have had severe internal and external hemmroids so I change her on the couch. It hurts to lift her since she's about 20 lbs now and her changing table is so tall!

Angrybird

Steroids: hunger, hunger and more hunger. If you have lost a huge amount of weight due to a flare they are great for getting you back up to a healthier weight. The thing is knowing when to stop. Due to an 18month course of Pred a couple of years ago I put on about 20kg that I really didn't need to. I am happy with my current weight and know now if I get the munchies it is the Pred talking not an actual need for food. Don't worry if you also get a bit of a 'moon' face, this is also normal for steroids.

I'm glad to know that is normal! I have lost a good bit of weight. That was actually what caused my doctor to call the GI. She was so worried she got me in that day to see him. I was losing 3 to 4 lbs a week! When this started I was 134 lbs when I went for the colonoscopy on January 4th I was down to 106 lbs. :/ I don't like being a stick! I used to want to lose weight so bad and now that I have I miss actually having a nice butt!! Haha.