• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just a city boy...

K

Kossy

born and raised in south Detroit. I took the midnight train going anywhere...

Ok, my name is Ron from south eastern Michgan. I'm 27 and we diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 6 years old. This sept my Crohn's turns 21 and I'm thorwing a huge birthday party for it.

It actaully took almost 2 years before they knew what was wrong. First off my pediatrician said I was just craving attention from my parents. Then he said I had a milk allgery. It took blood flowing out my bottom for my parents taking me to Childerns hospital where they found out my problem.

I went through a couple bad flare ups when I was 6 and 11 years old. Then I was doing great almost through my whole teen years. Then I because 20 years old and hell broke loose.

In the past 7 years I've been hospitalized over 50 times and have had my colon removed and about 2 feet of small intestine. I have an ileostomy and I've been doing great ever since.

So here I am here on this board to lend advise, support, an ear, to annoy, and hopefully I can make you laugh at my point of view of this disease.

Take care everyone,
Ron

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Ron Welcome to you
Gosh you were so young when you started your flare ups. That breaks my heart really. I am so very happy to hear that you are feeling much better since your Surgery. That rings true for most of us...and I certainly hope you stay that way. I'm looking forward to the laughs, advise, support you may have for others. Not to sure about the annoy part of it all...we'll have to talk about that, lol.
Take care Ron, stay well
Deb*

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for posting that Ron. I am definately happy to hear that after those 7 years of frustration, you are doing well now. So far you have definately spread some advice and some laughs, and I look forward to you keeping up the good work ;).

K

Kossy

Thanks to the both of you....

Hey Mike, I'm a junior member as you already know. Can I get that changed to Board/Forum Jester? Cause I'm special..

K

Kossy

Thanks to the both of you....

Hey Mike, I'm a junior member as you already know. Can I get that changed to Board/Forum Jester? Cause I'm special..

K

Kate

HEHE Kossy i have to say i do enjoy your views of cd and have to say that i do agree with them... this thing suck the least we can do is laugh it is expense.

Good luck and chat with me when you like

J

jyarmo

Thanks for sharing Ron! :)

It's a shame to hear you're going through a rough patch now. Keep the sense of humour up, it's good for both you and us! :)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
How about we make a deal?

When you get to 100 posts, I will change it for you (you will just have to remind me).

The same goes for everyone else!

K

Kossy

Awsome. You realize I will be double and possibly triple posting the same thing... posting complete nonsense.... until I reach 100. I can't wait :)~

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
You know what... for giving me the idea I will give you the title. You certainly have earned it so far, so I will make the exception.

R

ReeRee

Welcome Ron! I already know you're going to be a huge asset to this forum!

I can't imagine having it at such a young age. I thought 14 was young (which is when I got it). I'm happy you've adjusted to it the way you have and I love your sense of humor about it all! I can absolutely understand that humor..haha. I like you a bunch already!

K

Kossy

jlbastian said:
another midwesterner!

nice to meet you!
Thanks, Nice to me you too my friend from just south! I love downtown Toledo, I get into so much trouble down there.

ReeRee said:
Welcome Ron! I already know you're going to be a huge asset to this forum!

I can't imagine having it at such a young age. I thought 14 was young (which is when I got it). I'm happy you've adjusted to it the way you have and I love your sense of humor about it all! I can absolutely understand that humor..haha. I like you a bunch already!
Thanks, I think 14 is still to young. In fact I think any age is to young for this disease. I don't know if you can say I have "adjusted" to it. I'm not trying to sound like a downer but I really don't remember a time when I didn't have to live and deal with it. It's just because "the way of life" for me. Which I guess has make it easier for me in that kind of way.