• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just a vent

Hey guys, it's been a while. Anyways, on my way to seminary this year I saw I had an abscess in my nose. I went the next day to a doc and they said it was MRSA so heavy antibiotics. I have felt pretty cruddy for the past several months and prior to that. Now I was just diagnosed with a boil on my upper thigh lower butt that most likely contains MRSA. It hurts to sit down and I have papers to do and exams to study for as well as spending time in the chapels. Ugh, I'm just tired and for the first time in a while I feel lonely. Maybe it's because I'm confined to my room but I just need to get this sorted and feel better soon.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm praying for you all. God bless

Jeff

David

Co-Founder
Aww man Jeff, that's super rough :( And it sucks that you feel alone. While we're here for you, I know it really helps to have someone in person who you can get support from and connect with as well.

Why are you confined to your room though?

*hugs*

Thank you for your posts! I'm confined to my room as I live in a seminary where everything spreads super quickly. We don't need more people to get MRSA and so I sit in solitude in a state where I can barely sleep due to the meds I'm on and I really have to concentrate hard to think.

Today they lanced the boil and now everything just hurts like crazy. The pain meds sort of work but don't give me the relief I would hope for. I guess I'll just bite me lip and grit it out over the next few days until the wound heals.

I'm just nervous as I haven't felt well all semester. I first came here with a MRSA infection in my nose which had to be lanced and from then on I've felt not too well whether it be due to sinuses or headaches or now boils on my skin. On the bright side my Crohns is not acting up and that makes me happy.

Thanks again guys and it means the world to me y'all responded. I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers.

Jeff

David

Co-Founder
That sounds miserable :( The thing is, I don't think your seminary really understands MRSA. I'd bet money that a significant number of your fellow students are MRSA carriers. It's when our immune systems can't keep things in check that the problems arise.

When you say you haven't been feeling well, what hasn't been feeling right?

Pretty much. But that's the rule. If you are sick then you are confined to your room. It's just seminary policy and for the most part a good rule. To be honest I also don't really want to leave my room as I'm in so much pain when I walk or sit down I can barely deal with it at the moment.

I thought I wrote it in my last post. My symptoms have been constant sinus congestion and headaches which make me feel miserable. I didn't have these until the MRSA abscess and then after they just continued. The docs think it probably just never died off and so now I'm on a heavy regiment of antibiotics.

David

Co-Founder
You did mentioned those, I just thought maybe it was other stuff as well. I'm glad it's not! :)

If at any point you want to discuss your symptoms, let me know. I don't want to interrupt your vent thread with that kind of stuff.

I hope you feel better soon!

*hugs*