• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just an old Modulen story from long ago..

At age 12 my son ,after a fairly long diagnosis was found to have crohns...then followed @9 months of treatment....steroids.. .His schooling began to suffer, and, when told they would raise dose to 50mg daily my wife insisted on a transfer to Barts in London... At that time Modulen was a new product. He was put on it for, from memory, three months, nothing else whilst at the same time steroids were reduced to a low level and eventually removed..he was then gradually weaned back onto normal foods, ..Lamb I believe the one of the first.. as different foods were introduced effects were noted for reaction, very little seemed to affect. but all people differ. He maintained an input of Modulen for a fair period with normal foods. no steroids He very rarely has a problem ,monitors his lifestyle in regard to diet.
In short Modulen enabled a good education, a good degree, a good employment.
It is a long time ago, the product may have changed somewhat, speak to your doctor, It may be influenced by age, young better than older... your doctor will tell you. A few weeks of bland food drinks may be hard, however going back onto normal diet it will be heaven.. It worked!