• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just been diagnosed

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have just been diagnosed about 2 weeks ago with Crohns. I have been suffering for many years but no one seemed to listen and as I move about a lot due to my husbands job it was hard to get a referral in time. I moved to Gloucester in March this year and have found a very good doctor. He got me in with a consultant with 2 days of seeing him as I was having a flare up. Within 2 weeks I had a colonoscopy with came back with Crohns. I am now on Pentasa, 4 twice a day. The consultant is going to review this to make sure it is the right medication for me. I have also got to go for a barium meal xray so that they can see my small bowel.

I am just glad I have finally got an answer for all my pain.

I am glad I have found this site.

Diane

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Im glad you finally have an answer to your symptoms. How are your symptoms at the moment?

You may find it useful to keep a food and symptom diary, this will help you to see if there is any relationship between what you eat and how severe your symptoms are.
For dealing with pain, many people find a hot bath or shower or a heat pack helps and for nausea peppermint oil or ginger.

Are you on any other medications at the moment?

If you have any questions just ask away. Everyone here is really friendly and understanding and will always support you. We are all in this together and this is a wonderful place to let off some steam
:)

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to the forum. I am glad that you finally got a diagnosis and know what's going on with your body. I hope that in time the medication will serve you well and that you will feel much better.