• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just Diagnosed- crohn's

i have just been diagnosed with Crohn's and am aware that cases differ from person to person, but would appreciate some advice of foods and medication and how coping with it makes life easier.

It's a nuisance but everyone seems to be affected differently,food wise raw veggies,salad,greasy oily food be cautious alcohol wise lager can be horrible.i find exercise helps me don,t know why just does,but listen to your body if it hurts stop and get advice.
Stress really makes it worse try not to be,if it doesn't,t matter tomorrow it really doesn't,t matter today keep that thought.
If your travelling or going out in the early days a bit of prep landing calms things down take a loperamide before an event or a long journey (Imodium)helps,if nothing else it helps confidence wise.
You,ll get to know what sets you off foods wise and avoid it.when things settle down and it does eventually sooner rather than later I hope,try and introduce variety back into your diet,I,m trying to just now and it's helping can,t live on chicken and rice forever it boring.
Doctor wise listen to there opinions,advice and go with it but there not gods if you don,t like there manner or attitude give it to them between the eyes.i gave my consultant some adjustment recently,it definitely helped.just remember it will get better sooner rather than later.good luck

Hi, David i am taking Meticorten and Salazopyrin at present, i am scheduled for another scope in December after which medication will be changed. I am being very cautious with my diet, i know i react to fried foods and dairy so for now am keeping away from this and i will slowly introduce some of the dairy back ehrn i feel betetr. The bleeding has stopped and im glad about that. I am resident in South Africa.

Hi, I take 3 or 4 daily after breakfast and i do prefer taking 3 instead and then 2 of the anti inflammatories twice a day. From next week i will take only 3 meticortern.