• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just Diagnosed Mom, Not Sure What's Going On

My name is Jessica. I havent formally been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease yet. My GI keeps telling me that that's what I have, but says he can't be sure until he does a colonoscopy, which is scheduled for two weeks from now.
I told my doctor that I can't afford the medication (no insurance) and he informed me that without the pills, I'm 25x more likely to get colon cancer in 10-15 years. Well, that's great, doc. He also informed me that even WITH insurance, the pills are still sometimes unaffordable.
I guess I'm just worried about what to do next. I plan to follow the SCD, but my husband and I literally live paycheck-to-paycheck, so there is no extra money for me to buy special foods.
I am just hoping for the best. My son is 8 months old and 8 don't want to be on chemo for his high school graduation. Don't judge, but I want to try medicinal marijuana. I'm still not sure about it, though. I dunno, I'm just at a lost right now.