• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just diagnosed today with lymphocytic colitis

I am a 47 year old female who over the past 12+ months have been suffering some very strange symptoms. A life long sufferer of fever blisters I had not had an outbreak for over ten years when suddenly I started to get them weekly with no relief. Then a few months ago I start losing weight for no apparent reason and having periods of 20+ plus days of diarrhea. I also has a benign thyroid nodule all the sudden show an huge increase in size for no apparent reason. A colonoscopy two weeks ago and the subsequent biopsy found lymphocytic colitis. Ironically, for the past two weeks I've felt better than I have in months and have started to put the weight back on. I have several questions starting with, has anyone else suffered from fever blisters or other odd symptomes with this disease and does anyone have a doctor who has linked all of these things to menapause or peri-menapause? I have always been a very healthy person and this past year has been a bit of a nightmare.
Thank you!