• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just diagnosed with CC...

Hi I was recently diagnosed with CC, and I am not finding too much info on it. The most info I have found is that it is rare, therefore not a whole lot of help. Really hoping I came to the right place:) As of right now, my gastro doc has said changing diet doesn't help and that I can take up to 8 Immodium a day while symptoms last......well my symptoms have continued and I am now up to tolerating toast and Immodium has lost its effect, any ideas????? I'm REALLY hungry :((((

Hi I take 8 loperamide a day(Imodium) and I have sussed out a pattern that helps it make affect quicker, I take 3 at 8am 1 at 12pm 3 at 5pm and 1 and about 9pm, I have been taking this for 10 years and this has slowed my stools down alot

Thank you so much David for your quick response...I appreciate it :).... I am up to about 6 a day without ANY relief :(....so just not sure if 8 would do any more good or not :0?

Thank you so much for your reply :) He told me its not life threatening and I could try steroids, but that would be the last resort, take up to the 8 Immodium a day and that should work just fine.....I really like to control it with diet if I could...going for food allergy test tomorrow. Also going for 2nd opinion if allergy test come back normal. Thanks again!!

Catherine

Hi Roesch, where is your disease located and what testing have they done.

You need some sort of treatment plan.