• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just diagnosed with Crohns Disease

Hi there. I had a colonoscopy on Thursday that told me I have moderate inflammation from the cecum to the left colon which is likely a new diagnosis of Crohn's disease.

I'm not having a good time with this, as I'm sure many of you aren't, but I am happy that this forum is here and I'm happy to be part of this community. I have many concerns about various symptoms I'm having and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared about all this going on...

I guess I'll give general info here about my situation and then post specific concerns elsewhere on the forum?

Until now, for the last 10-15 years I've had Ibs. A colonoscopy ten years ago found nothing to suggest why I was having a change in bowel movements - at that time it was just very soft movements all the time.

About three months ago my movements changed again to but this time to watery diarrhea . And it didn't go away. I also at that time had spinal pain after about 4 hours of sleeping but I had sciatica when I was in my twenties and I ignored that symptom as related..

Anyway.. My movements became explosive and we're always an orange colour. During my colonoscopy prep all I had was watery blood coming out the night prior.

Now.. Here I sit two days after and I'm still having painful watery explosive movements with a fair bit of blood in them and I'm somewhat scared.

I was proscribed asacol 2.4g twice a day but that does not seem to have been effective at all as of yet. I'm hoping I have to give it more time.

Anyway, I can rant on forever probably, so I'll just stop and leave my specifics for other areas of the forum.

Thanks,

Chris

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome,
Sorry you're going through this.
What you're feeling is completely understandable. It's a lot to absorb and will take some time to adjust.
That's alright.

Once your meds get sorted out you should start feeling better and things won't feel as dark.

Sending you my support.