• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just diagnosed with Crohn's July 28th

Hello!

My Crohn's story starts early July, I believe it was July 5th. I started to feel a little under the weather, mostly my body was aching for no reason, but I didn't really worry too much because it wasn't that bad. That week and the next I continued to work, but it did start to get worse in the middle of the second week. I started to feel warm and had a temperature, my body ached terribly, I was extremely fatigued (although I had been fatigued for months and months already with no answer). That Friday I left work early and went to the ER.

They ran lots of blood work, tests, chest x-ray for my cough, etc. etc. Also my fever wasn't constant and while I was there I had none. I get the feeling they thought I was a hypochondriac and they just told me to get some rest.

I felt awful the whole weekend and due to my work situation (I was a temp) I went into work that Monday with a doctors appointment and told them I had a temperature of 102.5 (and showed them the thermometer) and left for my appointment.

A cat scan revealed that there was something up in my digestive tract and that following Tuesday I had a colonoscopy and was diagnosed. By that time the flare up had seemed to go away and I felt pretty good. Unfortunately that Friday before it I was let go from my job because I hadn't been able to go to work, despite my emergency situation and doctors notes for every moment I was not there. (If anyone has advice on this, please advise).

Anyway they put me on Budesonide which I am now going off of and going on Pentasa. So thats my story!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I am surprised they are taking you off Budesonide if you are still feeling unwell. Are you coming off of it or adding Pentasa with it?

Not sure what you can do about the job situation...other than look into unemployment or disability. Hope you get the job situation straightened out soon.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I am surprised they are taking you off Budesonide if you are still feeling unwell. Are you coming off of it or adding Pentasa with it?

Not sure what you can do about the job situation...other than look into unemployment or disability. Hope you get the job situation straightened out soon.
Oh I think I must have not made myself clear - I'm feeling really good now! Thats why he's taking me off the Budesonide.

Thanks for the warm welcome!