• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis

Good morning. I am a 22 y/o female that was just diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis by a colonoscopy. Prior to the colonoscopy, I was having really bad lower left abd pain and diarrhea everyday. The pain would be so bad I would be bending over grabbing my stomach. I was unable to eat because every time I ate, the pain came back. I have lost 12 pounds since 7/14. I saw a GI that performed the colonoscopy and endoscopy and he seemed like he didn't care too much about how I was feeling despite me telling him about the pain and not being able to eat. I saw a different doctor who got the biopsys and op reports and he diagnosed me with lymphocytic colitis. I was tested yesterday for celiac disease and iron deficiency. He gave me samples of Uceris to try and today will be day 3 of me taking them. Does anybody else have this? What was the outcome? What have you done to control your symptoms? My biggest problem is worrying about going to work, running errands, going places, etc. because I never know when the pain will come on. I typically don't eat breakfast or lunch (I have been able to have a Jamba Juice for lunch the last 2 days) because I am so worried about the pain and diarrhea coming back on. Any answers, comments, tricks or inputs anyone has are welcome!!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Dfoster93 and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm sorry to hear that you had a doctor who didn't seem to care but I'm glad you found one who was willing to help you.

We have a section for Microscopic Colitis here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=258
You may want to check out the club here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=18407

David one of our co-founders also has lymphocytic colitis as well. You can find his and other member's treatment plans/journeys in the links above.

Glad you found the forum and again welcome! :)

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community.

If you're going to have a form of IBD, LC is the one to have despite how much it sucks. I say that because it doesn't lead to detrimental changes in bowel structure and they suspect it can even be cured. I'm not ready to say I am cured, but I have been in remission for a couple years now :)

The hard part is figuring out the medicine, diet and lifestyle changes necessary to help bring about remission. But I'm proof positive it can happen.

We're here for you.

Thanks Jennifer and David. I will be sure to check out the groups on microscopic colitis.
I am hoping sooner than later I can find the right medication that will work for me. I can't imagine being like this for months on end. I plan to talk with my doctor about diet and what I can do to minimize this from happening again. For now I think he is just trying to get everything under control.

I appreciate the support and am glad there are other people out there that understand!!