• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just found out that I have Crohn's....

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
:awe:

You really have had some recent trouble, but now that you are diagnosed things should be better. That is some interesting stuff you have said and I think we will all look forward to your updates regarding your research.

K

Kossy

Machinehead I'm sorry to hear that you've had a tough time lately. Crohn's isn't fun at all. I just have a quick question, did they do a scope of your colon? That's how they foresure know it's actaully Crohn's.
I know I am probably starting to be a thorn in your side with my question here and my comment on your other thread but I am really not trying to be.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you get better really soon.

D

Donna

Machinehead, you have been thru the mill. I am sorry to hear your problems, but now that you are diagnosed, you should see results. I too have Crohn's Colitis. We are 2 of the 15% diagnosed that way! Welcome to the club...but sorry you are in it.

It is also good that you are doing your own research on the matter. I myself, have not seen any help with probiotics, but hope you have a better bout with it. Maybe its the combo that works.

One thing you will also find with your new disease diagnosis is that it seems not everyone has the same symptoms, and not all meds work for the same people. It is indeed one of the most frustrating illnesses that I have ever heard of, that's for sure. I for one, have taken meds that worked wonderfully for awhile, but then it stopped working. I always like to see what others have found out...or tried. I look forward to your posts in what you have found out...hopefully you will find something that the doctors don't know about...(which sometimes seems like they don't know too much!!!!)

Good luck, and please, let us know what you find!!

Donna

J

Jimbo

Welcome to the site and hope things are ok for you.
You have come to the right place for support and to meet people with this awfull disease.
Ask any questions you like.

L

little_sami

I take probiotics and whether they do good or not I dont know but hey, I take them anyway! LOL

Nice to see that you're taking a positive approach to your illness xx

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
WELCOME ABOARD ... I am sure that you will have a wonderful time here. There are a lot of wonderful people here to be your friend so just jump right in and have some fun & see you around soon !!

M

Machinehead

My X-Rays and CT scans

See ya....

Last edited:
J

Jonny

Hiya Machine head welcome to the site im new too :)

I only started to research Inflamatory bowel disease in June 2003 after Surgery for a stoma and id never heard of this disease before.I have alot of info ive saved over the last few years if i cab be of any help pm me.

Good luck with everything

C

CHRISP2

Machinehead i hope you feel better what you discribed was what i wasgoing through right before my resection and the part they removed was the part that looks effected. are you running any fever? i went days with out any movement and was in sever pain and started fevers after the op i went almost 15 yrs with just little trouble
good luck and pm me if you want

C

CHRISP2

heres 1 thing i am not a DOC 1st off. and theres lots of people that never hav to have ops and meds may help you i was one of those they tried meds but they didnt work for me im on ascol and its helpin now so dont worry that the last thing ya need is to be freaked out by my post sorry if i did so.when i found that after 15 yrs of not having it and finding i had it again i went over board and freaked out its not worth it what i mean is i used energy in the way i didnt need to.

Last edited:
M

marco

Hi Machinehead I'm sorry to hear that,, keep ur chin up:thumright: :thumleft: