• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just got back from 5 day stay in Hospital.

How are you feeling now?

Is Pentasa the only medication you're on for your IBD?
Lets just say i am far from looking like that in my profile pic, but it will take me 2 months get it all back

on 20 mg pred taper, been on and off pred for 20 years developed some necrosis in my knees

low residue diet

mostly tired, and frustrated , could be worse but it's only human to be like why me at times, like a punishment you can't control

I'm in hospital at mo been here also 5 days just a flare in 50ml mercaptopurine 400 ml pred and 4 pantassa moon face is my new name hehe feeling a lot better fingers crossed I'm home tomorrow hope your soon on the mend x

I'm in hospital at mo been here also 5 days just a flare in 50ml mercaptopurine 400 ml pred and 4 pantassa moon face is my new name hehe feeling a lot better fingers crossed I'm home tomorrow hope your soon on the mend x
man thats a lot of pred

I feel ya! I just had a 5 day stay as well. And had just been in last October 2013 for 4 days. I have many fistulas and connections between my small and large intestines as well as colon that inflamed my colon and rectum. While in the hospital, I consulted a colon-rectal surgeon about the fistulas and hoping that surgery will not have to happen.

Returned home from a 5 day hospital stay for obstruction a week ago. Still not feeling 100 percent, fatigue and some pain. How long did it take you to recover?

Returned home from a 5 day hospital stay for obstruction a week ago. Still not feeling 100 percent, fatigue and some pain. How long did it take you to recover?
It took my 3 days, but the hospital made me stay 4.
You will feel fatigue for a week after. You should not have pain though.

weird i have been out of the hospital more than a week but still have fatigue, some pain and nausea. i also had an infection, with the obstruction so maybe that is why i am still recovering. my doctor said that none of my symptoms were unusual that i should watch for extreme bloating and fever. i have another follow up on monday so we will see. also my body may have needed the rest - running on 0 before this attack.

weird i have been out of the hospital more than a week but still have fatigue, some pain and nausea. i also had an infection, with the obstruction so maybe that is why i am still recovering. my doctor said that none of my symptoms were unusual that i should watch for extreme bloating and fever. i have another follow up on monday so we will see. also my body may have needed the rest - running on 0 before this attack.
Yes, I have never had an infection with an obstruction. I have been blessed. Rest always help and low residue diet