• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just joined

Hi guys! I'm 13, I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I think I was 9 or something. Can't really remember. I had anemia for an entire year and got pulled out of school(it was a private school and the teachers were so uncooperative with me because I was going to the bathroom and got really sick we did homeschool) then I got a colonoscopy(I hate those!!) and found out I had crohn's. I was on 6-MP and that worked for awhile but it stopped and now I'm on remicade and it works really good. I hope I can fit in here and everything! My remission is so far in that it's like I don't even have crohns anymore!

Welcome! Congratulations on your remission. I can't even imagine how good you must feel. You will fit in here just fine.

Hey jmlport98 & Cali

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum :)
This is a great place for info and support, you're among friends and will fit in just fine :)

Paula
x

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: JM. It must be hard at such a young age. I had my pre Crohns days when I was about 15 or so, bathrooms had to be around. They didnt have imodium and stuff like that in my days. We had "dr Fowlers" strawberry extract. Many years later after my daughter was born is when the nightmare started. You are lucky in someways that there are computers and this forum and you will most certainly fit in. A few here your age group. Please join in!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: I am very pleased that the remi is doing a good job for you, how long have you been on it? Whilst you are feeling good are you still being a bit careful with what you eat? Have a good look around the forum as I am sure you will find lots of helpful info here (there is a remi sub-forum that might be useful to you) and I am sure youcan be of help to others as well, don't worry you will fit in just fine :)

:welcome:,
I'm glad you found us! I'm sure you will fit right in with all us, there are so many wonderful people on here, who understand what you're going through..... :)

:dog::hug:

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: I am very pleased that the remi is doing a good job for you, how long have you been on it? Whilst you are feeling good are you still being a bit careful with what you eat? Have a good look around the forum as I am sure you will find lots of helpful info here (there is a remi sub-forum that might be useful to you) and I am sure youcan be of help to others as well, don't worry you will fit in just fine :)
Careful? The only, and I mean ONLY, food I cannot really eat is hot dogs. And I'm fine with one of them, two or more and I get sick. Other than that, BRING ON THE PIZZA! Haha just kidding. I watch how much I eat, but not what I eat ;)

:welcome: JM. It must be hard at such a young age. I had my pre Crohns days when I was about 15 or so, bathrooms had to be around. They didnt have imodium and stuff like that in my days. We had "dr Fowlers" strawberry extract. Many years later after my daughter was born is when the nightmare started. You are lucky in someways that there are computers and this forum and you will most certainly fit in. A few here your age group. Please join in!
Thanks, and quick question. You say you are Canadian, I thought that they only gave surgery and steroids in that country because of the Universal Healthcare?

Angrybird

I am glad that foods do not seem to be too big a problem at the moment. Please keep an eye on this though. If you do eat something and get a grumbly tummy and then eat it again and the same thing happens I would say your body doesn't like something about it.