• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just joined

Hi everyone I am glad to have found this forum.

I have just been discharged from 10 days in hospital due to terrible stomach pains. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's from a CT scan taken on admittance. I had two failed colonoscopys ( couldn't get right round to ileum?). Not a great experience and felt disappointed.

I am over 50 and been in great health all my life so find this all rather overwhelming! Just going to take it slowly and digest the info bit by bit.

My dietician has put me on low residue diet whilst I am still 'inflamed', hopefully that will all ease off pretty quickly. I find myself feeling rather fearful of what to eat in case I set off another flare up. Will search this forum on foods later today.

That's it for now just wanted to introduce myself to you all.

scottsma

Hello and really sorry you have to be here.I just wanted to say welcome.Take your time researching stuff and try to remember we are all different,in symptoms,diagnosis and prescribed meds.Please try not to worry too much,you will begin to understand things better as time goes on.You'll get lots of support and advice from the great bunch of Crohnies on the forum.Best wishes,I hope you're feeling better today.

Hi, you're story is very similar to mine , diagnosed in dec after a month in hospital after rectal haemmorage and blood transfusion . reacted badly to lots of oral drugs, and started infliximab, had anaphylaxis on fourth infusion so that's been stopped.on a low residue diet like you which I struggle with and now wondering what they will do next, also have a recto vaginal fistula, just had 52nd birthday and like you , overwhelmed and surprised as reasonably well till now. This site is really helpful but it's such a minefield. Hope you improve and good luck for the future x

Welcome to the forum. Try to remember that mostly people who are ill are the ones posting the most. There are lots of people who have gotten better and have moved on. Some info is contradictory, because this illness affects us all in different ways. I have been on a low fiber diet for several years. I miss whole grain breads and raw salads, but I feel better eating low residue. It keeps me pain free. What meds are you on?

Hi tuff, presently I'm on no meds as I had the anaphylaxis to remicade a couple of weeks ago ... My doc thinks best to refer me to the surgeons , so awaiting they're opinion. I reacted badly to azathiripine and 6 mp aswell.