• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just looking for people who know what I'm going through.

So, where do I begin. I have never done this in any social setting let alone something that has caused so much physical and mental pain. I really have no Idea what to say other than HELP. Please.

I don't take any OTC Meds. I just started a GF diet, which is giving me some challenges. I literally just picked up a bunch of vitamins and such. So I'm hoping that after three years of playing the old "Ignore it and it will go away game" maybe actually acknowledging that I have a debilitating disease, and taking some precautions to help some of the symptoms I notice worsening.

If there is Info you'd like about me please ask. I am open as I am gonna get, I'm hoping to find some friends and maybe some support columns.

General Info;

Diagnosed Aug. 2010
2 Surgerys
24 yo Male. Wife and 3yo Daughter.
Living in Florida Currently, From NY.
on Vitamins, and probiotics, MSM, and a 1000IU of D a day, and O3.

Ask me something, tell me something, PLEASE!

EDIT 1: I was first Diagnosed in Aug, 2010. I had some sharp pains in my RLQ for a few days, finally got to the point of a visit to the ER. After a CLD for 3-4 days and a whole lot of pain/nausea/and antibiotic meds, they decided to put me into laparoscopic surgery. After 18 inches of bowel, and some colon resection. It turned out I had ruptured appendicitis, with an abscess filled with pustules, and severe inflammation of my bowl. :eek: Gastro diagnosed me with crohns. ( Never had any symptoms or any noticeable signs prior to this instance)

No actions taken for preventative care or anything. No health insurance, therefore no help.

Skip ahead to Feb 2012.

Watching a movie one night with my soon to be wife, get called into work. Get off couch to get ready for work, feel a weird pressure and pain in my left side. Eh, probably gas. fast forward to work. I am starting not to feel so good, profusely sweating and overall just terrible. lay on floor ready to pass out. call boss in to cover and go home. lay on my left side and take some ibuprofen. sleep through the night. wake up in the morning same position, unable to move due to pain. off to ER. Another 3-4 day stride of CLD and pain/nausea/antibiotics. Another surgery, Perforated bowel, Due to excessive inflammation. another 18 inches of bowel and colon resection. Giant scar stretching the length of my abdomen, AWESOME! :ymad:

Fast forward, no preventative care. all the symptoms. Take them as they come and push forward. No health insurance. No help.

Fast forward to Feb 23, 2013. Wedding is March 3rd, 2013. Start feeling progressively worse, too scared to go to hospital, if I end up needing a surgery I'll miss the wedding I have worked OT all year long for. put myself on Bedrest and Clear liquid diet. Barely make it through my Wedding. Day after wedding Spent in ER. Just inflammation no abscess or need for surgery. AWESOME. :allright:

LIVE, Just started Gluten Free diet/ no dairy. Picked up Probiotics, Multi V, MSM, 1000IU D, and Omega 3.

Now, I need people to help me to continue the path of healthiness. Advice, Info, and all else. I'm all ears/eyes.

Edit 2: Still no insurance. Only care I get is what I research and do myself.

Last edited:
if you have no health insurance, you need to go to the business/billing office at the hospital you frequent and ask for an UNCOMPENSATED CARE FORM (UCC FORM). ALL HOSPITALS IN THE U.S. HAVE THESE. Funds are set aside for the uninsured and based upon a sliding fee scale, you are either responsible for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, all or none of the bills incurred for an entire year. It is good for surgeries, outpatient procedures, xrays, blood work, scans, etc. After the year is up and you still have no insurance, just reapply.

Call the billing office STAT so your bills won't be sent to collections. Bills get sent out 3 x, (once a month , every 30 days for a total of 90 days) and if the patient doesn't respond at all either to request a UCC form or set up a payment plan for their acct., the bill gets sent to the hospital's collection agency and you have to deal with them directly.

I use to do medical billing at a hospital for 4 yrs. so this is how I know about it. Also, if you aren't eligible for UCC, there is what is known as Charity Care. You can apply for that and see if you qualify.

Be sure to have proof of ID, your address, current W2 form, and other information as required by the billing office. Any questions on how to fill out the forms, ask to speak to someone to assist you.

Thank you, GutlessWonder86.

That definitely helps, my first surgery was covered by emergency medicaid in NY. My second one was covered by a Crohn's charity (which remained anonymous in name, only organization type. I'd love to be able to send a thank you letter.) This past visit may be covered, applying for Medicaid. May make too much, kind of hoping this healthcare act kicks in a little better.

even if you think you make too much, let the supervisor in the business office decide. It doesn't hurt to try. That is what I told patients.

If you qualified for ER medicaid for your surgery, you would definitely qualify for UCC if you don't have anything now.