• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just my luck

just my luck

finally managed to find a Gastro who was willing to figure out what's going on with me.
Never met a more compassionate kind understanding Doc in my entire life.

He's also top dog in my location & my PCP was over the moon when I told her he would take me on.

The first time I met him, he knew my entire medical history dating back to 1974, when they first decided I had UC.

The first thing he said was he didn't think it was UC as my symptoms have changed drastically & he scoped me from both directions on the same day & also gave me an upper Gi with small bowel follow through to see if he could find the source of my agony.

I also had numerous biopsies taken.

On my first follow up visit after the tests I mentioned my concern about credibility, as these symptoms are so off the wall.

His response was that there is something deffo going on & he wants to do a few more tests to get a proper Dx & get me feeling better.

I sometimes get so frustrated with all this nonsense that I refuse to go to the Doc as nobody can figure this out.

This time I have made up my mind to find out once & for all what is wrong & take a swing at getting some relief.

I just heard recently that he has been charged with 2 felonies involving a motor vehicle accident, which will result in him losing his license to practice.

Now what do I do ???

HI there welcome to the forum . if i were you i go and see another doctor and tell him about the first doctor and get some test runned and hopefully come up with a diagnoisis.i know it sounds easier and then its done. but, should be another doctor you can see. best wishes

scott

Now THAT is a weird story. :(

Do you mind if I ask where you're located? Somebody may have a recommendation for you. Good GIs ARE hard to find, but they're out there. You may need to travel a couple hours if you can't find one locally but for your health, it's worth it. Most of us only need 1 or 2 visits per year. Infusions can usually be done at your local hospital under orders of your GI no matter where he is.

Awwwwwwe :( that's so lame.
I'm sorry that that happened. I hope you fin another good dr soon. I know how hard it can be.

Now THAT is a weird story. :(

Do you mind if I ask where you're located? Somebody may have a recommendation for you. Good GIs ARE hard to find, but they're out there. You may need to travel a couple hours if you can't find one locally but for your health, it's worth it. Most of us only need 1 or 2 visits per year. Infusions can usually be done at your local hospital under orders of your GI no matter where he is.
I live in Western NY.
There are other Gastros in his practice, but I dread the thought of starting from scratch with another Doc.

Plus, I don't have much insurance & my copays are running a close second to the National debt.
Not to mention that I'm limited by my insurance as to what Doc I can see.

Just so very frustrated.

Thanks for your concern