• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just seen the doc

I went to the doctor this week after having my 4th Remicade treatment. I have had some improvement. Less blood in stool, less bowel movements, and the biggest improvement is the way I feel. I have a more overall healthier feeling in my body and more energy. The problem is I am still having bad abdominal pain and blood in my stool. My bowel movements have slowed down to 3-5 a day. When I met with the doc, he was glad that I had some improvement but expected much more dramatic results after my 4th treatment. I also have fistulas with setons in place for drainage and they are doing better as well. There is much less drainaged now and they don't hurt much at all. Just a little sore. He wanted to reevaluted me after my 5th treatment to see if this is really working for me or if I need to join the Humira Club. I have been on a small dose of imuran (50 mg/day) and he increased it to 150 mg/day. That was the only change to my medicines which include:

Remicade 5 ml/kg every 8 weeks
imuran 150 mg/day
asacol 4.8g/day
GNC multivitamin 2X/day

I talked with him about increasing the dosage or frequency of the Remicade and he said we will do that if it seems to be working and the increase would be beneficial. He seemed determined to get me feeling back to normal again without pain, fistulas gone, and one bowel movement a day. I like his attitude I hope he can deliver. If not, I'm off to the witch doctor.

Your doctor sounds perfect...maybe we can clone him? I've gone the witch doctor route, did not do much for me ;) .
I am glad you are getting some relief at least. Have you popped into the Remicade and Humira sub forums? Great information from people that don't mind sharing experiences.
Good luck,
Michele