• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just started Modulen, craving tips please!

Hi everyone,

I have just started Modulen (day 2) and was wondering if you had any tips to stop the cravings. All I want is salty foods. Would a miso soup be bad (clear version) or will this upset the way module works?
Any tips would be amazing.

Thanks

Yeah it wouldn't definitely upset it. Modulen doesn't only rest the bowel from any sort of food including salt but it is also partly medicinal. You will need to let it work!! I know it isn't salty but I was encouraged to suck on Fox's Glacier Mints as they were just peppermint oil basically! Grew an addiction for them over time

Hey I'm 15 and I did the modulen diet for 6 weeks- to cure my cravings I also just had to suck on fox's glacier mints and I did occasionally chew on chewing gum however it does make you more hungry so I learnt to chew just before I was going to drink modulen. Just one thing don't swallow the gum! Good luck drinking the modulen:) xxx