• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just to say hi!

New here, but I have had Crohns for almost 30 years. Been in remission for the last 4 years on Cimzia. Thank God!

Anyway, I have been lucky these last few years because life has been super stressful and I have had no flare ups.

I swear my new gastro (last 2 years) doesn't believe I have crohns, even though he has previous records. My last two colonoscopies have been normal. anyone else ever encounter this with new dr?

I wish I had found this group years ago,

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Nanny!

I actually have had a similar experience! I started seeing my current GI in July 2012, and he immediately did a colonoscopy and pill cam, both of which came back completely clear. No tests he has done showed any evidence of Crohn's. The office of the GI who diagnosed me managed to misplace all of my records - so there was no evidence anywhere that I had ever been diagnosed. Luckily, they had at some point mailed a copy to my mother (apparently anticipating this type of a mishap - also, still haven't figured out why they sent them to her rather than me, considering I was over 18 at the time), and I was able to get those to my current GI. Fortunately, once he got the records, he believed me without any issue.

Has your doctor stated why he doesn't think you have Crohn's? A lot of them do like to perform the tests and see for themselves, as they're more confident in the diagnosis then. If you're in remission, they can't really do that. If your doctor thinks the proper tests weren't done previously, he might have reason to doubt your diagnosis. If biopsies were taken during a colonoscopy and they came back positive for Crohn's, then you do definitely have it.

Hi Nanny! I am new here also. I had a dr who didn't seem to believe that I had Crohns either, even though I explained it all to him. Not sure if he was able to get my previous records or not. After he ran tests, the office called to tell me I had Crohns. (Big surprise...as I had been diagnosed and treated for the past 15 years.) Just the way he treated me made me livid, and I never went back to him.

Thankful you have been healthy lately and that your last 2 colonoscopies have been clear. Hope you have continued good health!