• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just Trying To DEAL

So where do i begin? i guess ill start by saying Hello to every one My name is Danielle I'm 27. I got Diagnosed back in 2003 Cohn's and ulcerative colitis disease . After 3 years of doctors giving me the run around and saying .. "that it was completely normal for a teenage girl to be going to the bath after every thing she ate"and to have belly pain. which didn't sound right to my mother..so she Had me seen by more doctors which no one knew what was going on with me. till Oct 2003 i remember thanks giving and i was helping my with supper. I was having a bad few weeks back and fort to the ER on IV's because i couldn't keep anything down not even water. Finally the ER doctor ran some tests and kept me in over night. then she came back to tell me that it was Cohn's disease. Which i was like ummm what the heck is that?? She set me up with a gi and Started me on Pentas and Prednisone for the flare up i was having.it got pretty crazy for the next few years. in and out of the Hospital on prednisone(which i Hated).and i fell behind in school. I didn't graduate when i was suppose to. Which out a lot of stress on me :S The School didn't understand it ..they Said there was nothing they could do to help me. My teachers were harder on me because of the time i would miss. but finally i did it :0) My parents were so proud of me!! and so was I !
so I thought i would take a year off to see what i wanted to do after high school. Cosmetology was what I really wanted to do..i was So excited because my best friend and i both got accept in the class :O) i was scared to death too Start .But the college Knew that i did have crohn's and that i might need a little help.. everything was great my Grades were amazing and the practically stuff i was nailing.. Then i started to get lumps under my arms which started to make hairdressing very hard too do. So back to a million difference doctor and dermatologist. so then i have crohn's and i had a new condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I get these painful lumps under my arm,bw my legs and in other areas that are much worse.
after 10 to 15 different types of pills/creams ..nothing help the lumps just got bigger more painful and i got more of them. at this point my crohn's got really bad and nothing was helping the prednisone/steroids and all the other things they were trying couldn't get me out of the flare ups. they started to throw more pills and steroids at me. i ended up in the hospital for 2 months which was so hard on me. but by this time there i thought i was going crazy. i got a new GI and he started some talk about Remicade. so it was set i would start Remicade March 2011.This terrified me but they told me that it would help and i would feel so much better ..
My first dose of remicade went well . by the 3rd infusion i started to feel better i thought .Then all of the side effects hit me ..hair loss,weight gain,joint and muscle Pain,head aches, and night sweats. this is when i started to get Tylenol and Benadryl. it stopped the joint pain and headaches. the rest i just deal with now because my belly pain and diarrhea is better.
So now I am still on remicade got my last infusion Feb 5th. which i feel great :O)
but now on Tuesday Feb 12th i go for sugery.The HS is worse then ever and nothing is helping it.. the surgeon told me i might not beable to lift my arms well enough to do hair again then WHAT!!i am starting to stress over this really bad .. Just cant stop my self

So this is My life I am just trying DEAL!!!! Thanks For Reading Any in Put would be Great:O) Take Care xo

Hi Danielle and welcome! I 'm sorry sorry to hear all that you've had to bear, and hope some others here will have some good advice for you.

I also wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have had a really rough time of it. I hope your doctors can help you feel better soon,
-Lisa