• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just trying to get by...

I have never used a forum before.. I have no idea what I am doing. I do know that I have Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis. It started out with pain in my stomach, vomiting, diarrhea and at times constipation. I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis last year. I had gone through several years of pain before I ever figured out what was really wrong with me. It started out kind of abruptly.. I was 15 when the pain started and it threw me off. It was out of the blue and it wouldnt go away. I lost 10 pounds in one week and I was also very weak. I'm on medication now and sometimes it works and other times I find myself in pain. I take prilosec and mesalamine.
The reason I joined this forum is to maybe find people my age dealing with this disease. No one around me in my area is going through what I am. I can't drink alcohol nor can I eat out as much as I would like to. It sounds petty to everyone around me, here, but to me it is like someone ripped my world from underneath me...

Those things are not petty! They are a huge part of life, and it's really hard when you can't do them. I am eighteen, and was diagnosed two and a half years ago. Some days are really hard, and some days are actually ok. Hang in there!

Hi I read your post and felt I needed to send you a message of support, my daughter was diagnosed this march with crohns. she had suffered in silence through the latter part of last year with the pain and discomfort which inc night sweats, bleeding, loss of appetite, feeling sick and the constant urgency to go, weight loss not to mention interupted sleep as well as the rashes and arthritis symptoms which magically come and go at the drop of a hat.... omg alot of this she kept from me it was only after a visit to doctor that she told me. Well then we started the ball rolling together, to find out what was going on. She had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, followed by mri, they found inflammation at terminal ileum and a crohns type fissure. This was so painful and causing her so much misery and pain she had to have small op to assist the cronic fissure to heal..... My daughter is 20 years old and just out of college and in full time work in london it has been hard for her and hard for me as a mum to watch but we have to stay strong and this is where its very important you share how your feeling with those closest , Tell your closest friends and family if you can how this disease affects you so they can try to understand and support you I know my daughter says it helps.