• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just want to cry now

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to this site and crohns. I went to my doctors 3months ago thinking I had an uti she sent me to the hospital and the doctors decided it was my appendix apparently it was diseased by crohns. I got formally diagnosed last week just been put on prednisolone for 8 weeks because I'm apparently having a flare up. I feel so down about it hadnt been to the toilet for 4 days so the hospital gave me an enema now ive had really bad diarrhea and stomach cramps for 24hours I just can't win

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to this site and crohns. I went to my doctors 3months ago thinking I had an uti she sent me to the hospital and the doctors decided it was my appendix apparently it was diseased by crohns. I got formally diagnosed last week just been put on prednisolone for 8 weeks because I'm apparently having a flare up. I feel so down about it hadnt been to the toilet for 4 days so the hospital gave me an enema now ive had really bad diarrhea and stomach cramps for 24hours I just can't win
Sorry for your troubles. I'm not going to lie, it's a rough journey after first dx. You have to stay strong and diligent. Once your flare is under control you can start on the right meds. I will say this your very lucky your dx was so quickly found. Many of us take years to get a dx. Did they give you any antibiotics and/or pain meds? I'm praying for you. Never give up.

Told me to take paracetamol and codeine phosphate I can't take tramadol makes me itch. The doctors were brilliant when they took out my appendix not sure why they had to show me my diseased appendix though

Trysha

Staff member
Doctors should ask before doing that.
The initial diagnosis can be a big shock to us but as time goes by and Meds seem to gain control you will become accustomed to all the symptoms and intrusions necessary to keep us as well as can be achieved.
Feel better soon

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through :( You're on a roller coaster of emotions right now but things can and will get better. Ask for any help you need, we're here for you.

Prednisone could favour a bit depression and negativity. I'm sure you'll feel better in some month. Take care and dont loose faith

Hello there, I recently joined a month ago. I'm sorry to hear what your going through. I understand what your going through. Crohn's is awful and can cause so many issues. I'm also on prednisone which has helped some. I hope everything gets better for you.

usually a mix of drugs, diet and supplements(without emulsifiers), can get things under good control.

My advice, avoid lactose(eat cheese for calcium instead of milk) and refined sugar. Reduce high sugar fruits. consume whole grains like oats wheat and brown rice. beans may cause problems unless they are well cooked and well mixed so refried beans are a good choice.

Find other foods you might be sensitive to. learn about specific carbohydrate diet, FODMAP diet, and the concept of what an elimination diet is. Many more tips but i hope this helps!