• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just wanted to say hi

I'm new to the forum, I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 13. I probably have a similar story to many of you. I am 38, married, my husband is awesome and very supportive and we have 2 little ones and way too many pets! I am having a flare up and just thought I'd reach out to some people who have been in my shoes. I would love to hear from anyone with any info or opinions on fecal transplant, medical marijuana or any other "homeopathic" ideas or any new therapies that are out there. Thanks so much!

Welcome.
Like everything with Crohn's it is hard to get a general consensus of what helps and what doesn't.
I have tried Medicinal Marijuana, I didn't find it helpful for me.
I have no experience with Fecal Transplant, but there is a lot of info on the site. You can do a search or follow their thread.
The one thing I found very helpful was following the Paleo diet....
Good luck

I'm new to the forum, I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 13. I probably have a similar story to many of you. I am 38, married, my husband is awesome and very supportive and we have 2 little ones and way too many pets! I am having a flare up and just thought I'd reach out to some people who have been in my shoes. I would love to hear from anyone with any info or opinions on fecal transplant, medical marijuana or any other "homeopathic" ideas or any new therapies that are out there. Thanks so much!
Welcome! I'm also new haha.

My two best friends are my juicer and activated charcoal. I have severe Crohn's, and no medication has worked for me. If you can incorporate juicing everyday into your daily routine, and taking about a teaspoon of charcoal daily or whenever you start cramping, it may help you to start feeling better. Fresh veggie and fruit juice does wonders to stop, heal, and possibly put crohn's into remission.

Not everyone has success with everything-I realize that!

But from one patient to another, I highly recommend getting a juicer. You may have diarrhea for the first several days, but after that, it may get MUCH better. Also, I'm experimenting juicing the wild hemp growing in the ditches around here. So far, it's starting to help! And no psychoactive effects unless juiced with something fatty and acidic, such as coconut and orange. Hope you get well soon!

Welcome.
Like everything with Crohn's it is hard to get a general consensus of what helps and what doesn't.
I have tried Medicinal Marijuana, I didn't find it helpful for me.
I have no experience with Fecal Transplant, but there is a lot of info on the site. You can do a search or follow their thread.
The one thing I found very helpful was following the Paleo diet....
Good luck
Definitely agree about paleo. Grain is NOT good for us. I feel better when I eat that way aswell.

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the forum Austin. I actual have a few relatives that are doing studies on fecal transplant so I keep up on the findings....I'm really hoping that it becomes more accepted in the medical field. The way it works just really makes sense. I have juiced and purée a lot of my foods. I'm interested in the charcoal, I've read about it but have never tried it. At this point, I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the forum Austin. I actual have a few relatives that are doing studies on fecal transplant so I keep up on the findings....I'm really hoping that it becomes more accepted in the medical field. The way it works just really makes sense. I have juiced and purée a lot of my foods. I'm interested in the charcoal, I've read about it but have never tried it. At this point, I'm willing to try anything!
I've heard that fecal transplants help a lot of people! Especially if you get C-Dif a lot.