• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just wonderin

Do any other Crohnies deal with weird allergy issues as well? I developed a HAIR DYE allergy only to dark colors that seems to be getting worse. It really stinks as I am just getting some grey hair!! I also had a nut allergy that seems to have gone away (I know I shouldn't eat em but sometimes I have to break the rules!)

yep... i seem to be collecting allergies as i get older, lol. one of my recentish ones is hair dye, like yourself. i'm ok with the semi-permanent ones, the ones that only last 12 weeks, or wash out after 3 washes... but permanent dye i totally keep away from now.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I think I've recently developed an allergy to certain scents. I used to have this hand lotion that had a lovely flowery scent, but then a few months ago I suddenly couldn't stop sneezing after I put the lotion on, so I had to toss it. Hopefully I won't develop an allergy to hair dye, as I'm going gray too!

I get a lot of skin allergies, I have eczema as well. But sometimes I just come up with random welts or hives, where my bare skin has touched something. I also have an allergy to penicillin, and I think erythromycin. No food allergies that I know of though.

I'm allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporins. I have Oral Allergy Syndrome(Fruit or Veggie Allergy, Google it, very interesting) and I am deathly allergic to Rats of all things. Other than that just environmental/pollen allergies that seem to have subsided since starting Prednisone in mid-September....

yep, prednisone stops allergic reactions. I was just put on a fast dose of pred for a hair dye reaction.

its also used for asthma.