• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just wondering if this is normal..

just wondering if this is normal..

I've had two infusions of Remicade so far, and go for my third a week from today. Two hours after my first infusion I got excruciating pains in both of my knee caps and my legs swelled up. The doctor told me to take Benadryl, and it took the pain away. After my second infusion I woke up the next day with my back hurting really, really bad and faint bruises on my spine.

Recently my back has been hurting pretty bad as well as around my neck/shoulders. I also get really stiff ankles which makes it hard and painful to walk at a normal pace.

I was just wondering if this happens to other people. If so, is there anything at all you find that helps?

Some people get joint pain. If the problem doesnt resolve a few days after the infusion, ask your doctor to check your anti-nuclear antibodies. Sometimes remicade can increase this and it can cause severe joint pain.

I get mild joint pain for about 3 days after my infusion, but it always gets better.