• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just wondering

just got back from the dr. im having an active flare up... tummy cramps bloody stool and fever for almost a week.... he could hardly hear any bowel sounds.. how concerned should I be???? my affected area is my ileum....

Hello feelingblah. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are having a flare up. Would you like to share what are your current medications? What is your GI plan to get you back in remission?

I have had crohns for 3yrs and I have been pretty good up til the last week. without meds!!!!!!!! the pills make me feel sicker. any ideas about hardly having bowel sounds?

Steroids can make you feel pretty crummy while they do their job. Hopefully they do their job though and you start feeling better.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. In my opinion, you may want to discuss going on a stronger medication than Pentasa with your doctor considering your symptoms.

I wish you well.