• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Keeping my colostomy bag on during running

I was hoping to get some help from any runners out there with a colostomy please....I am 41 and have a permanent colostomy (since May last year). I am a really keen runner and despite the treatment I have had to go through am really focussed on maintaining my running. I wondered if there was anyone who maybe able to help me with a problem I am having with my bag staying on during a run.

I am currently in training for a marathon at the end of September. I use a 1 piece closed coloplast bag and also use additional strips and silibond glue. The issue I have is that despite using these additional adhesive products I cannot seem to keep the bag fixed in place and by the end of a long run (anything over 10k), then the sweat generated makes the bag come unstuck.

I wondered whether you knew anyone like me who has a colostomy and who runs like me. If they could perhaps offer some help / advise it would be really appreciated.