• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Kidney pain after infusions

kidney pain after infusions

I just got out of my loading doses(had my 6 week infusion yest now I wait 8 weeks for my next one) The infusions go well. the first 2 I noticed I was achy all over but more so on my back where my kidneys are, the last one I hurt just where my kidneys are and no amount of rubbing/massages/heat ect releives it. The only things that help are after I've drank several glasses of water and have peed. I'm wondering if it's normal to feel bad kidney pain after your infusions or should I be concerned? I have premeds as well which consist of a steroid shot, 2 tylenol and a benedryl then half an hour after doing a saline flush. Then I go eat some lunch then nap for a couple of hours. Also the pain doesn;t come on until an hour or 2 after my infusion(so around 1 or 2 pm) and lasts until about 10pm...

back pain during infusions

I just got out of my loading doses(had my 6 week infusion yest now I wait 8 weeks for my next one) The infusions go well. the first 2 I noticed I was achy all over but more so on my back where my kidneys are, the last one I hurt just where my kidneys are and no amount of rubbing/massages/heat ect releives it. The only things that help are after I've drank several glasses of water and have peed. I'm wondering if it's normal to feel bad kidney pain after your infusions or should I be concerned? I have premeds as well which consist of a steroid shot, 2 tylenol and a benedryl then half an hour after doing a saline flush. Then I go eat some lunch then nap for a couple of hours. Also the pain doesn;t come on until an hour or 2 after my infusion(so around 1 or 2 pm) and lasts until about 10pm...
I sometimes get dull throbbing in my back when I get my infusions. I have a standing doctors order for demerol when my back kicjs in. The hateful remicade nurse hates to give me my pain meds and i've have had to go to the head nurse and complain. Ive been told that pain in your joints and back should not br happening; however thr remicade website listed joint pain as a side effect. Next time you have pain ask for demerol.