• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Kinda new to this

My name is Eloise, I am a twenty year old college student who was diagnosed last summer (July 2014) with Crohn's disease. I played college basketball up until this Christmas (2014) when my doctor told me I needed to quit, at least until I figure out my medicines and stop losing weight. Because I can't seem to get better, they think I have Crohn's in my small intestine, which from everything I have read, is like really scary. Within the next three months or so, my doctors will decide if I need to go onto Humira, so any information about it would be greatly appreciated it. I have a few other questions, so if any veterans out there would be willing to help a newbie out, I would be really grateful. Thanks!

Eloise

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you are dealing with Crohn's. I was diagnosed 19 years ago and have small bowel Crohn's - for me it's stricturing disease in the jejunum and ileum.

What scans have your doctors done? And what meds have they got you on?

I'm currently taking methotrexate and humira, though I've tried many more in the past.

How are your symptoms at the moment? Have you been given any nutritional support like supplement drinks to try and stop your weight loss?

I'm happy to answer any questions if I can, and if not I'm sure someone else here will have an answer :)

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. Considering there are some professional athletes with Crohn's, once you get your disease under control, I would look pretty hard at getting back into basketball. Staying active and enjoying your passions is important in my opinion :)