• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Knowing is better than not knowing, right?

Hi, folks. This is my first post. Just got the diagnosis today. I've had this lower right side pain on and off for years, no doctor ever really got too concerned about it because it would subside. But I changed doctors last spring and finally reached a point where the pain was always there, just in varying degrees from mild to almost bent over in pain. At first the suspicion was an incisional hernia (from hysterectomy 10 years ago), but CT scan two weeks ago indicated Crohn's. Today I saw the doctor again and all my symptoms add up. I see a gastro doc next week and will then have a colonoscopy with biopsies of the terminal ileum. Just turned 59 last week, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, hahaha! Frankly, I do at least feel grateful that this has finally gotten a doctor's attention and now perhaps we can start to address the pain, diarrhea attacks, achy hip and knees (the hip pain is relatively new, but I now wonder if it's related inflammation?). Hey, went to Barnes and Noble today and bought "Crohn's and Colitis for Dummies"!!

So, anyhow, I'm really, really glad to have found this forum. I'm a positive person and already have gotten a lot of inspiration from you folks. Thanks so much for this wonderful site.

My best to all,

nancy

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome to the forum. Keep us posted. Sending you my support and well wishes.

Hello Nancy.
It's possible your hip pain could be related to the Crohn's. There are several members in this forum (diagnosed and undiagnosed) who have problems with rheumatoid-like symptoms and painful joints. Sorry to hear you've had to join the GI club, but at least it sounds like you've got a doctor who is helping you out and finding the cause of your issues. Hopefully once the colonoscopy is done and they've got you diagnosed properly you can get started on the correct meds and really start to feel better. Think of that part of it as your birthday present!